23 August 2009

First post!

Aww, look, my very first post. So.. hi! My name is Lindsay, and I'm a writer.  While I haven't always called myself as such by profession, I've always been in love with the thought. I have an educational background in English literature and creative writing, though for the last few years I've come to realize that you can't do a lot with an English degree. Even though I've been sidetracked by a few fruitless jobs (retail, banking, &c.), I've never stopped thinking about my book.

I'm at a big turning point in my life right now, and I've decided to stop dicking around and go for it. 

I plan on documenting the entire process with this blog, the good and the bad. I'll keep you posted as I plot and write, as I look for representation with a literary agent, through rejection letters (because what good writer hasn't been rejected a thousand times?), and hopefully you'll be there with me as I find a company willing to take a gamble on someone with a lot to say.

It's late and I have two more days at my crappy job before the adventure begins. But please, follow me - I promise to entertain you, at the very least. 

Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment