11 October 2009

Well, hello.

Apparently I'm not so prolific lately as some of my blogger counterparts, but I haven't forgotten about you! I've just started a new job, and true to form, my writing time has flown out the window.

Despite the fact that it is a part-time, temporary job, I resent it a bit for cutting into my creative time. On the other hand, I am working in a Halloween store and find myself surrounded by strange and wonderful objects that I should use to inspire myself.

I think the other thing that's frustrated me is that I wrote an introduction (I didn't like how my opening chapter just jumped right into description - I thought it needed a wee little prologue) and my editor wasn't a huge fan. I've left it for now, because those three little paragraphs took me two hours and a small headache to boot.

I've got to get tougher skin before I start soliciting for an agent, I know. I'm usually not easily deterred. But when you're just starting a project the smallest snag can be a frustration, you know?


Completely random sidebar of the day: Suri Cruise looks like the tiniest little bitch in every paparazzi shot I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment